A training that aims to honor the ultimate goal of Yoga and Yoga Nidrā and the many different paths, traditions and practices for realizing it.
It is the pilgrimage of remembering. (tirthayatra smriti)
Equanimity is a state where one’s inner peace remains undisturbed by the constant fluctuations of life. Discover why the tradition of yoga claims it is, in fact, your natural state.
Yoga nidrā is an ancient science of complete relaxation that systematically awakens one’s greatest potential and reveals an ever-present, unwavering state of inner peace. Through the deepest levels of physical, mental, and emotional rest, this transformative practice facilitates the release of the source of tensions, unsupportive patterns and behaviors, acquired conditioning and self-limiting beliefs. In this deeply receptive state, one also has the capacity to imprint new ideas on the mind, securing intentions at the deepest level, to create a resonance that generates a stream of new thought patterns and actions.
Entering the deepest state of yoga nidrā invites the realization of one’s essential nature as the very source of peace, limitless and free.
The science of Yoga Nidrā is used to heal and treat a variety of disorders including:
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Chronic disease
- Chronic pain
This is a comprehensive, 60hr teacher training designed, specifically, to educate one with the skills, background, and understanding of the vast scope of yoga nidrā, including the realms of samkhya and non-dual philosophy, yoga psychology and modern science. This unique set of tools will help prepare one to effectively guide the practice in both private and group situations. This training is open to anyone, and highly encouraged for yoga teachers as a method for extending the reach of yoga into the psychological dimensions to promote greater peace, joy, and well-being in students. No prerequisite or prior certification is necessary, but experience with, and a current, regular self-practice in yoga nidrā is highly recommended. One can only fully and effectively guide this practice if speaking from the depth and knowledge of personal experience.
Each full day will consist of lecture/discussion, moderate asana practices and yoga nidrā so dress in comfortable, loose, clothing.
If you plan to attend this training, begin now with a practice of yoga nidrā 2-3 times a week. If you’re inspired to journal your experiences and reflections, this will only create a stronger foundation for understanding and transmitting the practice to others. (Journaling is not meant for psychoanalysis of the content of your experiences, but merely to build a foundation for understanding the techniques, awareness of subtler, internal states, and for acquiring insight into how the practice may be experienced by others).
For Level 1
- Yoga Nidra – Swami Satyananda Saraswati
- Yoga Nidra – Richard Miller
For Level 2
- Yoga Nidra: The Art of Transformational Sleep – Kamini Desai
- Yoga Nidra: Yogic Conscious Deep Sleep – Swami Jnaneshwara Bharati (read the article here)
- Defining Yoga-Nidra: Traditional Accounts, Physiological Research, and Future Directions – Stephen Parker, Swami Veda Bharati, Manuel Fernandez (read the article here)
*Reading all of these texts prior to the training is highly recommended
Level 1 – Fundamentals (30hrs):
- Basic science of yoga nidrā, brainwaves, etc.
- Parasympathetic nervous system and Polyvagal Theory
- Fundamental yoga psychology
- Yogic philosophy/theory
- Different definitions of Yoga Nidrā and Yoga Nidrā as an archetypal goddess
- The five koshas
- The three primary states of consciousness and “the fourth”
- Creating a secure and safe internal space for practice
- Tools for facing and navigating emotional challenges in life
- How yoga nidrā fits into the broader context of yoga practice
- Understand the structure of the two distinct, systematic approaches to yoga nidrā
- Experience sessions inspired by the four most well-known traditions and more than three others
- The importance of preparation and a variety of techniques
- Practice (Receiving and teaching)
- Cultivating an authentic voice
- Developing potent sankalpa (intention)
*Please note: Level 1 is not a “certification” but will provide the fundamentals for students to explore teaching yoga nidrā at a basic level.
Level 2 – Certification (30hrs)
(Level 1 is a prerequisite)
- In depth science on the brain and how yoga nidrā affects certain psychological conditions
- Yoga nidrā, it’s relationship to sleep and the importance of good sleep
- Historical context of Yoga Nidrā
- 3 Types of Karma
- In depth yoga psychology
- Non-dual understanding and approach to yoga nidrā
- The concept of bindu as an approach to yoga nidra and to life
- Detailed comparison of the four most well-known traditions/approaches to yoga nidrā and others
- Highlighting of techniques from other approaches
- Additional preparation techniques from various traditions
- Understanding what are considered the four stages of yoga nidrā
- Guiding yoga nidrā in groups and privates
- Guiding for certain conditions/illnesses/populations
- Customizing scripts
- Understanding the most important components of yoga nidrā
- Sankalpa practices to help reveal one’s individual dharma (purpose)
- Self-reflective practices for paving the way to peace
- Yoga Teachers
- Social workers
- Psychotherapists (and related)
- Health Professionals
- Body workers
- Those who struggle with meditation
- Those seeking mental/emotional healing
- Anyone seeking insight into the heart of yogic teachings on the quest for happiness and well being
“This training is really the culmination of 29 years of personal practice in yoga nidrā, meditation, yoga, and in the study of yogic philosophy and psychology. My aim with this training is to offer the most potent teachings and techniques to provide one with the capacity to transform their own life, and a skill set to support others in the transformation process. It is with great enthusiasm that I share this training in hopes of empowering others with the gems of wisdom and insight that have supported me, and so many others, so immensely in the healing and growth process our the path of rediscovering our essential nature.” – Jeremy Wolf
Jeremy Wolf is a yoga and meditation teacher, reiki healer, DJ and music producer. He received his 200hr level certification in 2006 in Nasik, India and completed Rod Stryker’s 500hr Parayoga program in the spring of 2013. He is formally trained in the Bihar (Satyananda), Himalayan (Swami Rama), iRest (Richard Miller), Amrit Method (Amrit Desai), ParaYoga (Rod Stryker) and Indu Arora styles of Yoga Nidrā with some foundational study and practice in Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Nirlipta Tuli’s Total Yoga Nidra, and study with Swami Jnaneshwara Bharati and Sreedevi Bringi. Jeremy leads workshops, teacher trainings, weekend immersions, retreats, and teaches weekly classes (currently online). He has been leading Comprehensive Yoga Nidrā Teacher Trainings in the US and internationally since 2014.
*This training will count as Yoga Alliance CEU’s
*Come prepared to practice mild yoga asana
Outer Banks, NC February 2023
Level 1 (Fundamentals) February 16-19th
Level 2 (Certification) February 23-26th (Level 1 is a prerequisite)
Each day will run 11am-7:30pm
Break from 3-4pm
1209 S. Croatan Hwy
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina 27948
Virtual (Zoom) April/May 2023
Level 1 (Fundamentals) April 20-23rd
Level 2 (Certification) May 4-7th (Level 1 is a prerequisite)
Each day will run 9am-5:30pm MDT
Break from 1-2pm
Level 1 or Level 2 only – $835, Preregister for $785
Level 1 & 2 – $1,395, Preregister for $1,295
*Preregister with a discount through March 20th*
Because this event will be entirely online, I will be handling the registration on my own, directly through Paypal/Venmo. To register for this event, please submit the following three items to either the Venmo or Paypal accounts below. After submitting your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with information regarding the next steps.
- Your payment (Based on how many levels you’re taking)
- Specify that this payment is for the “Yoga Nidra Teacher Training”
- Include your email
Payment can be made to:
*This training is offered periodically as an online yoga nidrā training (online yoga nidrā teacher training, yoga nidra certification) in a live format on Zoom.